OTC 1; New Techniques

by - 15:44

So this is the first attempt of the One Thing Challenge I mentioned in my previous post. I'm so ashamed of it, haha! 



I can never get those facial proportions right. Whenever I draw faces from imagination, they always come out cartoony somewhat. I used to doodle such cartoon faces back in high school, and in college for a while, on my planner. Who knows, this could be my one thing, but, being partial to realism, I'm still iffy about it.

In other news, I recently bought brand new Daler-Rowney Langton 300gsm watercolor paper (I'm really into watercolor now!), and I'm just itching to try it out, so I got started on another sketch for a potential painting, using a model as usual.



Since Langton paper isn't really recommended for beginners (a.k.a. yours truly), and it's quite expensive, I'm trying out this sketch-transferring technique I picked up from tutorials posted on deviantART; basically you lay out a preliminary sketch of your work on a sheet of simple paper, then transfer it cleanly onto watercolor paper so as to avoid any potential damage of the watercolor paper. I thought I'd give it a go since I am quite fond of murdering paper through erasing. So far I'm finding the task fun!

A long time ago I came across an interesting quote which I think is applicable to my artistic situation now, and which I think every artist, especially myself, should adhere to,

Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art. {Andy Warhol}

Cheers ♥

You May Also Like

0 comments