Under My Wing

by - 22:04

Under My Wing
Watercolor on paper
29.7 x 21.0 cm

This was the highlight of the paintings I submitted for ManilART, and is by far the most detailed watercolor painting I've done. All those TWIGS. -_-

Amazingly, it took me just a little over a week to finish this. At first, I was hesitant to stray from my general theme of flower fairies, but at that time, I had already run out of ideas, so I decided to do something different, and paint a bird fairy instead. It didn't take me long to conceptualize the painting; I'd been itching to work on something with twigs, and painting a nest seemed the way to go. The robin egg idea followed a little later.

'Under My Wing' was marketed in the form of a tumbler for the ManilART event, as well as featured on the ManilART Facebook page, as seen below:


I want to work on something like this again, although I'm currently on an art hiatus; I'm just going through one of those dark-cloud moments of mine, where I lose absolutely all faith in my art. Not healthy at all *.*

You May Also Like

0 comments